1. How long will I be in hospital after ACL surgery?
2. Should I change my dressing?
No, this dressing should be left alone until the stitches are removed. However, if you have any fresh oozing or bleeding from the wound, please contact the hospital.
3. Can I shower whilst wearing the dressing/bandages?
Yes, the dressing is waterproof.
4. When can I drive?
Approximately 4-6 weeks after surgery.
5. How long do I need off work?
Usually 2-4 weeks, but in some cases where patients have manual jobs they need to take up to six weeks off work.
6. Will I require physiotherapy following my op?
You will be given an exercise sheet by the physiotherapists on the ward, you will then need to see a physiotherapist at least once a week for the first few weeks.